10.29.2009

what a way to make a living

I have some news. Good news, in fact. Remember when I went to D.C. early in October? Well... after five months of job hunting, I have been offered {and have accepted} a grant writer position at a nonprofit organization in the district.

{Huge sigh of relief.}

Alexis Bledel as the "We Can Do It!" woman
(found here via Glamour)

I'm lucky, I know, to have gotten a) a job b) that I wanted c) where I can actually use my graduate education and internship experience.

But I am more than a little worried about making the transition from a lazy bum {not that all unemployed people are lazy... just me} to working girl, and having responsibilities, and being a grown up, and having programs and people depend on my ability to do my job well.

{Deep breath.}

5 comments:

bsmithhill said...

I am an MSW and a grant-writer for a non-profit...and I love it! Good luck and go forth to save the world :)
Becca

Chay Chay said...

good luck girl...I'm sure you're going to LOVE IT!

مى said...

Good luck!! Being a responsible adult can be hard, but it's equally as fun! Independence is amazing. Enjoy it while you can, I'm happy for you :)

Ginger said...

YAYAYAYAYAY!!! GO PIN GO!
I am so proud of you! You are going to be the chicest, coolest DC workin' woman!

Katie said...

A. You will do fabulous!
B. I love Rory!

You May Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails