10.12.2009

reward dependence

{Phew.}

I am back home, a little more hopeful about my employment prospects {fingers crossed! xx} and a little tired of talking about myself {though, apparently, not tired of writing about myself}. I like to pat myself on the back for doing things I should be or need to be doing in the first place {like interviewing for jobs}. {Let's pretend it's positive reinforcement. :)} Most of the time, these reinforcers come in the form of either food or fashion: after one of my interviews I bought a new sweater; after the other, a new dress; and at the end of the week, I celebrated by treating myself to Vietnamese.

Grilled Scallops and Shrimp on Rice Vermicelli from Four Sisters,
Falls Church, VA.


If you ever find yourself in the D.C. Metro area and craving Vietnamese, I definitely recommend Four Sisters. Their menu is comprehensive and their food delicious and reasonably priced. {I also recommend getting the shrimp toast. I didn't think it sounded very appetizing, but oh, it was. so. good.}

Also in reward, I slept in on Friday {the only day I didn't have interviews scheduled} and then, channeling my inner Gossip Girl, spent the afternoon on the steps of the National Museum of Natural History {not quite the Met, but...} with Le Petit Prince and a salty oat cookie and Japanese sweet green tea from Teaism.

Salty Oat Cookie and Japanese Sweet Green Tea from Teaism, Washington, DC.

Hmm... Perhaps my need for reward is a bit excessive...

5 comments:

Chay Chay said...

Shrimp Toast is THE BEST...I get it from this place in Plano, TX called Samui, YUM-OH!

Samya said...

::drooooools::

i like this rewarding system too. may be that's why i'm not done with anything because after a hard hour of solid work, i take a break for the next 8 hours?

Pin said...

T-- I'd never had shrimp toast before, but you know I'll be eating it wherever I can from now on. It is DELISH! If I'm ever near Plano, I might have to stop by Samui.

Rash-- FOR REAL. That was my M.O. all through college and grad school; it took me so much longer than everyone else to get stuff done!

مى said...

Fingers crossed indeed :)

I never had shrimp toast :(

Pin said...

Thanks, Mae! Hopefully I'll have some good news soon.

Oh, you should definitely try shrimp toast, if you ever get the chance!

You May Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails