9.21.2009

what i wore: eid mubarak!



Despite the blustery, rainy start to Eid al-Fitr yesterday, the day was, as always, an exhausting whirlwind of food, prayer, family, and friends. Instead of wearing one of the new salwar kameezes my mom brought back from her most recent trip to Bangladesh for the occasion, I paired a $10 dress I bought from Charlotte Russe with the salwar (pants) and orna (long scarf) of an older salwar kameez. 



Sure, with the orange and black earrings, gold and orange bangles, and gold sandals, I'm a little too 'matchy matchy,' but Bengalis love that nonsense. I got so many compliments from the aunties, most of whom couldn't believe that the dress was bought here and not in Bangladesh-- high praise indeed. 

I don't normally wear a lot of print, but I love the retro print of this dress. I can't wait to wear it like a normal person. ;)

3 comments:

kadler said...

You look amazing! I love the bright colors and bling. Gorgeous.

Samya said...

so much orrraaaange! hahaha. but it worked! except don't do everything when you decide to wear it as a dress :-P i need to borrow those earrings. thanks. also... i like the outfit collage!

Pin said...

I know, it really was a lot of orange. I told you I was ready for fall {and Halloween}.

Also, I created that collage in Paint. How fancy am I? {Not very.}

You May Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails