9.30.2009

sugar rush

My parents called a moratorium on my baking efforts last week, after I made biscotti, chocolate cupcakes, and a carrot cake within the span of 24 hours. {Focusing my energy on an activity that has an end result somewhat assuages the frustrations of job hunting.} So what's a girl in need of a sugar fix to do but visit as many cupcakeries and bakeries in a day as possible?


{Black forest & strawberry cupcakes from Brown's Bakery and chai tea cupcake from Babycakes; My favorite cupcake of the day {Chai Tea Cupcake}; Strawberry tart from Le Matin; Chocolate flourless squares, vanilla cupcakes, and a petit four from Tinker's Cake Shop; Guava and cream cheese pastry from Old San Juan; Baked goodies from Mondelli's Bake Shop}

Best sugar coma ever.

9 comments:

Samya said...

hahaha best post ever. baking is way better than job hunting! and how come i never got to try any of your goodies?? what did you think about the tart?

Katie said...

You can come visit me and I will NEVER ask you to stop baking! :)

Ginger said...

Maybe you could start your own fabulous bake shop/counselor's office! Talk about makin' people feel good.

Pin said...

Rash-- the tart was DELICIOUS. I want to go back to Le Matin ASAP. And if you want to try my cooking/baking, you should live on my street! The kids got most of the cupcakes.

Katie-- Do you need a personal chef/baker?? I AM looking for a job. :)

Ging-- That's a pretty good idea. :) I'll start brainstorming a punny name for the store...

Katie said...

I could pay you in hugs and scarves?!
I'm learning how to knit.

The Blushing Hostess said...

While I suppose it might have been overwhelming from an eating persepctive, it must have been glorious. If you come to my house, we will not stop you! Want my address? :))

Pin said...

Hah, well, to be quite honest, I only ate the chai tea cupcake {delicious}, guava pastry, and Derby brownie {not really pictured} that day. Everything else I had bites of and finished the next day. :) Still, that's a LOT of sugar!

Chay Chay said...

If I could bake all day, I WOULD...the Chai Tea cupcake looks so moist & yummy, & the Strawberry Tart...Yum-Oh!

A "cheery" disposition said...

ok, your blog is making me hungry.

You May Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails