5.03.2009

the big potato

"i don't know how people live here, dorothy.
i mean, it's all very interesting and everything in the world is here,
but
it's so tall, and so crowded, and so noisy,
and so much!

i've never seen so much of everything in my whole life."
-- rose nylund, on new york city

I've begun to compile a bucket-list-of-sorts of things I want to do before I leave the city. Rose is right: everything in the world is here, and I've not really been able to explore the city as assignments and readings and bad time management got in the way. Graduation is but a mere few weeks away, and I have the apartment until May 31, so here it is:

things i want to see and do in nyc before i go:
  1. Go to Staten Island. See the new South Ferry Station (is that lame?). Ride the ferry. Eat Ralph's ices.
  2. Walk the Brooklyn Bridge. (How have I not done this already?) Treat myself to Grimaldi's afterward.
  3. Visit the Brooklyn Flea: White Dove NYC. Kumquat Cupcakery. Liddabet Sweets. etc.
  4. See 9 to 5!!! I love me some Dolly Parton! Maybe I'll take mom to see this when the parents come for graduation?
  5. Eat at Chip Shop. I'm Southern. I like things fried. Like Twinkies. Mmm... Clogged arteries.
  6. Sunbathe at Water Taxi Beach.
  7. Stalk Liz Lemon at 30 Rock, or take in the view at Top of the Rock.
  8. Gamble away the few dollars I have in Atlantic City. Walk the Boardwalk. Eat Taffy.
  9. Catch a taping of The Daily Show and/or The Colbert Report.
  10. Check out the museums at ICP and FIT. Be inspired.
... it's a work in progress.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oooh 9 to 5! You should definitely go so you can tell me all about it! You know how I love that movie. Speaking of which, did you ever find/watch that DVD I bought you?!

I love those Golden Girls.

Samya said...

thumbs up to chip shop!

You May Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails