4.24.2009

overheard at a social work job fair

Me:
Hi, I'm a 2nd year social work student at Columbia. Blah blah blah. My concentration is in nonprofit management and administration. I have experience writing grants and in program development. More blah blah blah. Do you know of any job opportunities within your organization that would match my background?

Recruiter:
We do have a grants and development department.

Me:
Oh, that's great! Do you know if you're hiring for positions in that department?

Recruiter:
Honey (!), I'm the Director of Social Services. I came here to recruit social workers.

Me:
...But, I am a social worker.

[angry face]

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hahahahahaha. You're a fake social worker.
I bet it feels like you're back at UW dealing with Irma Johnson or something!

Paresh said...

me too social worker, i help 'em by staying away !

You May Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails